CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A quick trip to Minnesota



Well, last week started off pretty sad. Dave's parents were here last weekend and had to leave early because Grandma Helin (Corine's mom) was not doing well after a recent broken hip and surgery. She passed away on Monday. We left for Minnesota on Wednesday and returned on Saturday. We enjoyed seeing the family, despite the circumstances. We were glad to be able to go and support Grandma G. Dave officiated part of the funeral. He did such a wonderful job. It was such a celebration of her life.!
On a lighter note..... Addie has discovered her feet and she LOVES them (as you can tell from the pic) Tomorrow is another big day for her-she gets to try her first orange veggie.....so what is your vote??? squash, sweet potatoes, or carrots first??
We have another busy week this week. Addie and I fly to Nashville on Tuesday and Dave will join us there on Thursday. My brother, Ben, is getting married! We couldn't be more excited for him. Well, that catches you up on the Grimm family. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Addie! Just a few more days until we get to see you again!!Anna and I wished we could just skip school and work and spend the whole week in Dickson with you, your mommy, Pop and BB. Guess we'll have to wait until Friday to come though. My vote for orange is sweet potatoes. I personally like mine with pecans and brown sugar but you'll have to have yours plain for now. Be good on the plane for your Mom - see you Friday!!!
Love,
Emmy

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys. I am sorry to hear about the death of Grandma helin and I love the new pictures go aheard Addie and suck your big toes there will be a day when you can't reach them and I vote for sweetpotatoes also and they are good with brown sugar and marshmellows Love Aunt Wanda